Since we're now halfway through 2010, I thought I'd do an update on my progress so far.
Did you know that on Goodreads you can view statistics for your reading habits? I recently discovered this, and it's really cool! Goodreads tells me that this year I've read 13,764 pages in the last 6 months. Wow! This is compared to only 4,880 in all of 2009.
On my statistics page, I can also see that I've given 5 stars to only 8 of the books I've read this year. Here's are my 5-star-worthy-reads:
- Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- We Were Here by Matt de la Peña
- Insatiable by Meg Cabot
- Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement: A Guide for Officers and Their Families by Kevin M. Gilmartin, Ph. D. (Recommended by my police officer boyfriend)
The longest book I've read so far this year is Tales of the Madman Underground by John Barnes (496 pages).
Summer Reading: I set my summer reading goal at 200 hours. So far I'm at 135 hours, which is 67% of my goal. I have one more month, and I think I'm on track to reaching my goal.
Grad school: After I finish this Young Adult Literature class, I'll be halfway done with grad school!
How are your goals for the year coming along? Leave me a comment, or post about it and leave the link in the comments! Happy reading,