This week's questions come from Stalking the Bookshelves.
1. Claire has been given the task of healer at the castle. She must adapt her nursing skills for the time and learn what herbs and etc will cure each particular ailment that is presented to her. Do you have any home remedies that were passed down to you (cure for a cold, bee sting or what have you)? I can't really think of any home remedies. I'm sure we had some when I was growing up, but now I just head to Walgreens whenever I have an ailment.
2. What do you think would be the biggest challenge of living in the past? (Clothing, hygiene, food, etiquette or etc.) I think the hygiene factor would be the biggest challenge for me. I would hate not having access to a hot shower, some soap, and a toothbrush!
3. Do you have a favorite character, scene or quote so far? If so, share it with us.
Jamie, of course!
"Does it bother you that I'm not a virgin?" He hesitated a moment before answering.
"Well, no," he said slowly, "so long as it doesna bother you that I am." He grinned at my drop-jawed expression and backed toward the door.
"Reckon one of us should know what they're doing," he said. The door closed softly behind him; clearly the courtship was over.
4. What did you think about the addition of the blood bond in the wedding ceremony? Is this something you would do with the one you love? It was definitely an interesting part of the ceremony that I wasn't expecting. I would not want to do that - I get squeamish at the sight of blood!
5. Are you reading along closely with the scheduled chapters or are you ahead or behind?
I'm trying to stick closely to the schedule, but I got a little behind this week and just now caught up!